Friday, August 16, 2013

Aion: first world pvp

Level 24. I found this spot in Morheim with a crapload of veggie nodes.   Awesomeness!    I was just running around the area outside of the flight path gathering when I got jumped by a couple of Elyos: a gladiator named MeloDirazi & a chanter named VolcanuSx.

They got me to 20% almost immediately, & I shielded & ran like a bitch until I saw an Asmodian cleric named healerako jump in.   Well, shit.   I turned around & started nuking.

My pet was gone.   It was an Earth pet, which can take a lot of hits but doesn't do as much damage as the other pets, & I think they wasted at least a few seconds killing it.   They should have just ignored it & they would have had me.   

I haven't played a Cleric very far (haven't played anything very far for that matter), but between healerako & me, I think we outdamaged the Chanter's heals until the gladiator had to run away.   I'd been at about 20% from the start, but while MeloDirazi got healerako's health down, I'd gotten his health down as well.   I kept him off healerako with stuns, snares & root.
At this point the VolcanuSx jumped in, targeting healerako.   General rule of thumb: kill the healer first.   Yeah, we didn't follow it.   Healerako was chasing the gladiator; I kept the Chanter with me with, again, root, snare, stun.   And then I nuked until she died.   Ok, maybe we did follow it.

Then the gladiator came back (at my computer, I was screeching "Too late!! Too laaaaate!! Muahahahahahahaha!!") & a couple of other Asmodians, who had just arrived, finished him off.   I'm actually not sure what happened to healerako.

Anyway, the whole fight lasted at least a few minutes.   Ino tells me that only comparable level Elyos can portal to our area, so they must have been in their 20s as well.   I can't really draw any conclusions about the viability of my class in pvp because I don't think MeloDirazi & VolcanuSx played very well as a team.   I wonder if a Wind pet (I assume it stuns?) would be the best Spiritmaster pet for pvp, since it seems my strengths are really in crowd control.   I'm sure there are tons of discussion I can look up, but I'm lazy.   Any wisdom is welcome though.

No comments: