Sunday, July 21, 2013

Mapping Pernon, Part One

So here I am, running around at level 23.   I did all the Campaign quests in Altgard so it's time to move on to Morheim.   I like Morheim.   Except I get ganked there.   I am so unbloodthirsty in this game.   I don't think of my class as pvp competent, either.

I'm still running around Pernon.   I've decided I want to map all the villages.   As well as find the blue paint plant.   Yesterday I figured out that you get Guestpetals from fertilizing your friends' Guestblooms.   And none of the guys have any Guestblooms in their houses, so I used the Random option on the Relationship crystal & ended up at some dude's house where there were 5 Guestblooms.   I fertilized!   I got petals!

Decided to go to the guestbloom merchant in Pernon Plaza myself.   The guestblooms are expensive as shit.   I guess I know why no one has any!   The cheapest one was a little over 100k, which I could afford, but it only gives up bronze coins, which, as far as I know, only purchase stuff right around my level or lower, so the guys wouldn't really have much use for them.


Well, so much for that.   On to mapping.   I headed NW from Pernon Plaza.   The first village is Glory's Light.   Wow, nice houses here; are these what they call "mansions?"

Click the picture to enlarge.   Glory's Light Village has a raised platform area with merchants that can be accessed by anyone.   General Goods, Housing Materials, Furniture, Hearthbloom/guestbloom, etc.   Also a Warehouse manager.   I'm not sure why some villages' merchants are village exclusive while others' are not.


Glory's Light's central area has a dye plant on its SW side which yields red paint.   So if Ino ever comes up with a patent leather bedroom set, I know where to get the paint for it.

I understand the Dye Plants, as they are called, can dispense paint once every hour.   Not that I'm planning to come back here every hour, but it's nice to know that most times you are going to run past a Dye Plant, chances are you can harvest it.

Glory's Light Village is quite pretty.   I understand the Pernon is relatively unpopulated on this server, even though when I logged in today Siel was marked as "full."   All the other servers were "recommended.   Must be a whole lot of Elyos.   I'd better wait for Anjali to level up her gunslinger so I can hide behind her while questing.


I headed SE out of Glory's Light Village.   On the map it looked like there was something else on the lower peninsula.  I passed a waterfall (which water flow turns into a huge canaled decorative facet of the village - insanity!) & came to Sunny Harbor Village.

(Again, click to enlarge the picture.)

I found Sunny Harbor's Dye Plant on the road going right from the entrance, basically at 3:00 if you look at a map of the village.   This plant also yielded red paint.   Woohoo, Ino!

I then headed North, back up the ramp.   I kept pressing North & came to a wall of wooden stairs, & at the top I found Silver Tree Village.   Silver Tree's Dye Plant was front & center once you entered the village.

This plant gave me red... & PINK paint.   Yay, Keegan!   I got something for your Victoria's Secret Playden!

There was even a 2nd Dye Plant just beyond the first.   This Village must be well populated.   It was starting to get dark & the lanterns went on.   Wow, this place is pretty.

I headed back through Glory's Light Village then NE & came to Golden Sunset Village.   The Dye Plant was a little after entering on the main path to the right.   This one also yielded red paint.   Golden Sunset's layout is kind of like a figure 8 & I found 2 more Dye Plants at 3:00 of the top circle in the 8.

While I was there, it started snowing, which was really pretty.   If you click the picture on the right here, you should be able to see the snow.

Golden Sunset Village was very stately, with abodes of all sizes (House, Mansion, Estate, Palace).   I decided to wait around for daylight to take another screenshot.


I thought I'd use the Village Teleporter this time, but it turns out the only destination he had was Glory's Light, for 2299 kinah.   I decided to run.   Glory's Light Teleporter was able to send me to the other Aurora State Villages that I had just finished visiting as well as Pernon Plaza for 2800 kinah.

I decided to run.

Pernon's Village Teleporter could send me to 3 Villages on the map: Glory's Light, Spire Isle (in the SW), & Zephyr.   There was no teleport going to the NE.   Dammit.   I just ran through all the NE villages the other day.   Guess I'll have to do it again, but I decided to head SW, running.   I'm too poor to teleport.   And frankly, the sightseeing is nice.


Instead of taking the bridge, I decided to glide down to the water --- I did try to get some screenshots of the flight but it went fast & I screwed up with my camera angles.   So all I have to show you is the little island I landed on.

I don't know what village I'm looking at yet; I'll head over there next.   It's kind of amazing that whoever created this world took so much time to design this stuff.   Everything from the motion of the wind to the birds & crickets chirping is perfect.   The animals wandering around the landscape are carefully detailed.   Someone really enjoyed creating this.

It makes me want to take a nap.   Or, it could be that I've spent 2 hours just running around.   Hm.

I ran across the water & came to Morning Mist Village.   I found a Dye Plant just outside of the Village center & it yielded blue & purple paint.   Yes!!   I want to do my apartment in blue & green!

Morning Mist Village seemed to have more flowers than the villages I saw up North.   As I ran around looking for more Dye Plants, one of the kids skipping past wished me a great day.   And that was just creepy.   I liked it.

I found another Dye Plant on the main path North of the Village Center.

I headed straight West out of Morning Mist & came to Spring Hill Village.   There was a Dye Plant immediately on my left as I entered, yielding blue & purple paint.

I found another Dye Plant a little further down, to the SW of the Village center.   And another right after it as I headed toward the ocean.   Not only was there a sandy beach with umbrella'd picnic tables, but some wildly cavorting dolphins (although they had to be the size of whales) in the water.


There were a lot of scenic spots in Spring Hill, with the towering trees & flower hedges.   It seemed like a very nice combination of traditional old neighborhood with a surprisingly playful beach.   I noticed a lot of NPC "vacationers" walking around.

I admit I really like the flower hedges.

You can click on the smaller pictures here to see them enlarged.

Oddly, while I was standing on the beach (staring at the sea), it started snowing.   Still very pretty.   But I remembered I had a whole bunch of other villages to get to & I was only on foot.   And I spent about half an hour already just looking around Spring Hill.

I headed South to a wooden bridge going to the next Halcya island.   Wow, Topaz node.   Collection around Pernon is expensive because you have to buy an Essencetapper or something for 699 kinah, but the goods around here are pretty cool.


Across the bridge was Coast Road Village.   Another pretty coastal village.   I found my first Dye Plant just North of the Village center.   Someone had a house with action figurines (well, statues) in the front yard.   I found another Dye Plant to the South of the Village center

Click the picture on the left to enlarge.   I found a 3rd Dye Plant on my way out of the village heading East.   Excellent!

I crossed another long bridge & came to Spire Isle Village.   Here, like at Glory's Light, in addition to the Village merchants there were also merchants that anyone could buy from.   I found a Dye Plant near the little circle of street musicians South of the center, & another one NE up the steps from the center.   It was dusk & the lamps were turning on.   This village wasn't as flowery as the last few; there were more stately hedges.   There was another house with the action figure in the front yard.

To be honest, Spire Isle was kind of boring.   At this point, I realized I was really tired.   I'll continue mapping Pernon tomorrow night.   I've got to get ready for work, & the dogs are utterly bored.

No comments: