Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mochachocolata Gets A Studio

At level 21 you can teleport to Pernon (for Asmodae) & claim a free studio.   The quest to do this is given right where you land from the teleport.   There are a handful of different villages; the free studio is, of course, in the cheapest one.   You can move to more affluent neighborhoods, but then you gotta pay rent.  Anyway, this is the first time I've ever bothered to do the housing thing on any of my characters, so it was actually kind of exciting.

This is my front porch.

This is what a bird, considering the option of landing on my porch railing, would see.

This is my butler.   I'm not entirely sure what he does, although he had a bunch of informational quests for me when I first arrived.   I guess he's cute.   You know, we get to have a wide array of pets in the game & it would be pretty cool if we could just store them in the housing, but I'm sure I'm being frivolous.   This is not The Sims.   It's just that if I had a butler, it would make caring for 3 dogs SO MUCH EASIER.

That's what I need IRL.   A FUCKING BUTLER.   Omg, it's all clear to me now.

Ino very kindly made me some furniture for my new place; a leather couch & a bed.   I also got some blue striped wallpaper from one of the informational quests, but I think I actually like the ghetto white walls better.

That crystal next to the entrance can teleport me to the other guys' places; I'm probably gonna check out everyone's pads in a few minutes, but I wanted to show you my bed.

Yes, I know.   It's awesome.   Thank you Ino.

First on my list: Keegan.

Keegan loves the Spice Girls.   But his apartment made me think more of Britney Spears.  Oh well, who am I to talk?   My apartment probably makes people think of Damien Rice.   Don't know who Damien Rice is?   Exactly.

Obviously this studio is still in the process of being furnished; I doubt it's a priority for anyone (except Ino!   lol).   I'm trying to think what this place needs.   Besides white tiger fur carpet & a cotton candy machine.

Next visit: Arin.   He had red wallpaper up & that's it.   It was a nice red, though.   Next up: Fique's place.

Fique used the same cheap sale blue striped wallpaper I'd gotten from the quest outside.   It actually looks nice with the wood items.   Are those pink flowers a quest item?   Do they only come in pink?

Ooh, & now that I think of it, I think those wood cabinets are from Ino too, & I have the one he sent me in the bank.

Shit.   Where is the bank over here?

Ricey's place had pretty much the same furniture - the cool wooden cabinet & the quest reward wooden table.   And the pink flowers.   He had striped wallpaper too - would that be red?

Frankly I think Ricey needs to stop leveling so much & spend more time decorating his place.  He's the highest level out of all of us & has to venture into contested areas all the time now.

You guys won't believe this, but I'm actually not that interested in the pvp in this game.   I love the sightseeing, the music, & the crafting in this game.   The graphics are awesome.   But the movement mechanics are clumsy, in my opinion.   I don't know.   I just feel like after being used to pvp in WoW, I would be disappointed in pvp here.   I should ask Ricey; he's the expert anyway.

I saved Ino for last.   I figured he's the dude making all the furniture & his place is gonna be OFF THE HOOK.

I was wrong.

Actually, the windows are very cool (do they get any bigger?), but there was no planter box of onions.   There was no liony witchy wardrobe or sexy man folding screen.   No disco ball.   And NOTHING in red patent leather.   Ino, you better get on it, dude.

It turns out that housing furniture is made by an entirely new crafting profession called Construction.   Shit!   All this time I thought these were new designs added to Handicrafting.   There is no database of Construction items, which sucks.   Now I'm thinking I may have to try it out myself, if only to see what's available.

No comments: